Νιkos Nikolaidis (1939-2007)
Nikos Nikolaidis, the multi-award winning director and writer, was born in Athens on the 25th of October 1939. His directorial debut began with the short film: Lacrimae Rerum 1962, and his official entrance into world of filmmaking was in 1975, with the feature film Euridice Β.Α. 2037. Aside from film directing, Nikolaidis has worked for a record company and has put his signature on more than 200 television commercials.
He is the only Greek filmmaker to have been awarded five times as "Best Director" at the Thessaloniki Film Festival, yet never for the "Best Film" category.
He passed away on the 5th of September 2007.
| FILMS|| BOOKS|| THEATER|
- 1962 Lacrimae Rerum 11'
- 1968 Unconditionally (Anef Oron) 45'
- 1975 Euridice ΒΑ 2037
- 1979 The Wretches Are Still Singing (Ta Kourelia Tragoudane Akoma)
- 1983 Sweet Bunch (Glykia Symmoria)
- 1987 Morning Patrol (Proini Peripolos)
- 1990 Singapore Sling
- 1993 The Girl with the Suitcases (To Koritsi Me Tis Valitses) TV film
- 1999 See You in Hell, My Darling (Tha Se Do Sti Kolasi Agapi Mou)
- 2002 Loser Takes All (O Hamenos Ta Perni Ola)
- 2005 The Zero Years
- 1964 The Grave Diggers ( I Timvorihi) Short Stories
- 1977 The Angry Balkan (Orgismenos Valkanios) Novel
- 1980 The Wretches Are Still Singing (Ta Kourelia Tragoudane Akoma) Screenplay
- 1984 Sweet Bunch (Glykia Symmoria) Screenplay
- 1993 Pigs in the Wind (Gourounia ston Anemo) Novel
- 2003 Loser Takes All (O Hamenos Ta Perni Ola) Screenplay
- 2007 A hit in the eye of Montezuma (Mia Stekia Sto Mati Tou Montezouma) Novel
- 1996 The Seven Boxes Of Pandora (Ta 7 Koutia Tis Pandoras) by: Vassilis Ziogas
Nikos Nikolaidis "Singapore Sling",
the movie against the pretenses and the long-awaited
documentary "Directing Hell" of Christos Chouliaras now in Blue Ray High Definition.
For purchase, please visit Restless Wind's e-shop